Working at NASW-NE
Do you have a passion for social work?
Are you interested in a job with a focus on legislative advocacy and social justice?
Are you well organized with excellent verbal, written, and social media communication skills?
Are you looking for a flexible work schedule, an inclusive and welcoming work environment, free CEU opportunities, and tons of networking opportunities?
Then NASW-NE may be the place for you!
The mission of the National Association of Social Workers, Nebraska Chapter is:
To strengthen and unify the profession of Social Work within Nebraska
To develop, promote and protect the practice of Social Work in Nebraska
To advance sound and equitable social policy through advocacy for individuals, families, and communities
To support and participate in the mission and purposes of the National Association of Social Workers.
NASW is a membership organization with a dual mission to:
Promote, develop, and protect the practice of social work and social workers; and
Seek to enhance the effective functioning and well-being of individuals, families, and communities through its work and through its advocacy.
Created in 1955 through a merger of seven social work organizations, the National Association of Social Workers is the largest membership organization of professional social workers in the world. The Association is comprised of 135,000 members, who are required to agree to and sign the NASW Code of Ethics upon joining.
NASW’s 56 chapters consist of the following: 50 state chapters, an international chapter, and five additional chapters in Guam, New York City, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, and Washington, D.C.
NASW-NE PT Program Associate
Chapter invites applications for a PT Program Associate
(10-15 hours/week) position.
Major/Essential Functions: Employees are expected to perform responsibilities in accordance with all association standards, policies and procedures. Work responsibilities will frequently vary, but will include:
- Member services
- Newsletter publications
- Email and social media communications
- Website maintenance
- Event planning and promotion
- Volunteer coordination
- Webinar management
- Committee participation
- Membership civic engagement
- Chapter advocacy
- Board of Directors relations
- Provide friendly and professional customer service
- Basic office tasks
Experience, Skills and Competencies:
- Creative and friendly customer service skills
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Ability to work independently and maintain performance
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with social media and email marketing
- Adept in Microsoft Office Products and Google Suite
- Experience in website maintenance
- Knowledge of the social work profession and experience with member organizations a plus
Questions can be directed to Terry Werner at email@example.com or at (402) 477-7344
NASW-NE is an equal opportunity employer.