NASW NE Student Scholarships
NASW NE invites Nebraska Social Work students to apply for an NASW NE Scholarship. Scholarships are awarded once per year at the NASW NE Annual Conference in September.
Both BSW and MSW students can apply!
- BSW Scholarship - $500
- MSW Scholarship - $500
- Morgan Hecht Scholarship - $1000
- Dr. Kathy Russell Scholarship - $1000
- The Morgan Hecht and Dr. Kathy Russell Scholarships is open to either BSW or MSW students. Applicants will be evaluated on their personal statement, their demonstration of work in social justice and leadership, their community involvement, and their educational performance.
*Applicants may apply for a BSW or MSW scholarships in addition to the Morgan Hecht and Dr. Kathy Russell scholarships.
- All applicants must be an NASW-NE member in good standing.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled in a CSWE accredited Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) or Master of Social Work (MSW) program.
- Applications will be evaluated on the quality of the applicant’s personal statement, community involvement and educational performance.
- Applicants must have at least one semester of school remaining before graduation.
What you will need to apply:
A personal statement that includes the following:
- Please explain how you have exemplified the characteristics of Social Justice and leadership in your life.
- List any activities with which you have been involved. Please indicate, where appropriate, any leadership positions you have held.
- If you have been employed, performed volunteer work, had practicum experiences, or held other positions of responsibility, please describe the length, dates and duties of your position(s).
- Applicants who have significant experience in working with minority groups are requested to highlight such experience.
- What is your experience with the NASW-NE chapter?
- How do you see yourself involved in the NASW during your social work career?
Academic information including:
- Name of school attending
- Anticipated graduation date
- An unofficial copy of your transcripts from your college experience, including your current GPA.
Financial need information including:
- Gross household income earned in the previous tax year
- Gross household income for the current tax year
- Number of dependents (excluding yourself)
- Estimated cost of educational expenses for the current academic year (tuition, fees and books)
- If you will be taking out a loan for the current academic year, the total amount you intend to borrow
- Present indebtedness for educational loans
Additional attachments (in addition to transcripts):
- A copy of your updated resume
- One Letter of reference from professors, employers or supervisors, excluding family or friends